Well, I don’t know about you all, but I’m certainly having a rough time coming to terms with the fact that it’s already the fourth week of January!
New Year’s Eve 2012 proved memorable for both of us here at Ex Libris, with me celebrating in the San Francisco Bay Area with friends and family and Sarah exploring what the Denver scene has to offer for her first New Year’s celebration as a Colorado girl.
2013 has started off well for both myself and Sarah, too, with a few fun new projects in the works and some exciting plans for the rest of the year.
Speaking of plans for 2013, I thought I’d kick us off with a little rundown of some of the excellent events, conferences, expos, etc. coming up in the first half of the year across the country. My personal goal is to make it to at least one of these this year…what about you?
- The O’Reilly Tools of Change for Publishing Conference: February 12-14, 2013, New York, NY
- Book Expo America (BEA): May 29-June 1, 2013, New York, NY (still haven’t made it out to a BEA event! This might have to be the year in which that sad fact changes :))
- The Western Publishing Association (WPA)’s annual publishing conference: April 26, 2013, Los Angeles, CA
- PepCon Print and ePublishing Conference: April 28-May 1, 2013, Austin, TX
- Association of Writers & Writing Programs (AWP) annual conference: March 6-9, 2013, Boston, MA
- Ooligan Press’ Write to Publish Conference: February 23, 2013, Portland, OR
And that’s just in the first six months of 2013! There are so many more opportunities to cultivate your craft, meet new people in your industry, and get your work out into the world coming up post-July, but for now, I think we’ve got plenty to look forward to in the next few months.
Take care everyone, and again, Happy New Year!